Max-Migold Limited is a Physical Facilities Advisory, Training, and Technology Solutions firm operating out of Nigeria, led by Paul O. Erubami FMP, SFP, CFM, CBIFM, who is one of the most credentialed FM professionals in Nigeria today. Max-Migold is a company that works with Nigerian and multinational companies, providing consulting services that will enable them to thrive along with the economy. Their deep domain expertise and knowledge of the region makes them both a great partner company for multinational corporations, as well as, a good investment for those looking to break into this region. Max-Migold Ltd provides training and advisory services towards cost reduction, operations and maintenance, maintainability and sustainability, as well as, FM department organizational development and integrated facilities management outsourcing project management.
NEXT Facility Management Services, Inc. (NEXT FMS), based in Vancouver, Canada provides international FM consulting and training services and has R John Ringness SFP, MRICS, an international FM Consultant and Trainer as CEO.
Nigeria is an incredible region for multinational investment. It has had a sustained rate of growth for over ten years and an annual (real) GDP increase of 5-7 % yearly (African Development Bank Group, 2015). Even with a slow global economy and some regional issues in the north, Nigeria should finish with moderate growth in 2015 of 4% making it a safe, if not a good, region for investment especially in the burgeoning real estate sector. The plan by the government at the center to implement an expansionist budget with focus on large-scale public infrastructure is a further boost for this sector.
Facility Management (FM) is the effective and sustainable integration of people, property, and process, enabled by relevant technology within the built environment. Facility Managers are responsible for the operations and maintenance of all physical assets. It is a multidisciplinary profession encompassing everyone involved in design, development, property management, operations and maintenance of buildings and other physical infrastructure. It crosses all service industry sectors including residential, commercial (offices), education, healthcare, hospitality (hotels and restaurants), retail, manufacturing, townships, IT parks, data centers, airports/airlines, and even outer space.
Facility Management include services such as construction, information technology, maintenance, engineering, fire and life safety, utilities (electricity, gas), water supply & treatment, corporate real estate, space planning, project management as well as security, waste management, laundry & linen, pest control, grounds keeping, exterior window cleaning, custodial services (cleaning), building access control, mail room services, parking & site access control, sustainability, residence associations interfacing, food services, centralized help desk, sometimes referred to as concierge desk, among others.
Course Objectives/Benefits to Participant
- Learn current best practices within facility management
- Learn ways to operate more efficiently, effectively, and sustainably
- Network with other regional FM Professionals in the area
- Learn tangible ways in which to promote the profile/image of facilities management within your Workplace
- Participants will take home practical tools, and templates for implementing activities and improvement at their facilities
- There will be a live project to implement some of the new skills acquired
- Participants will receive a certification of completion
Who Should Attend
- Facility or Property Managers
- Corporate Real Estate Professionals
- Architects and Designers
- Facility Management Consultants, Advisors
- Administration Managers
- Estate Managers or Asset Managers
- Operations Management Professionals
- Procurement Professionals
- Outsourcing Service Providers
- Academic Institutions Students, and Faculty
- Developers and Owners
- Senior Regional and Global Facility and Property Management Professionals
- Directors, Managers and others who require an understanding of facilities and their management
- Any Facility, Property or Real Estate Professional who want to develop their strategic FM capabilities
What are the key questions currently asked in the industry?
- What are FM metrics and how can I utilize them to establish benchmarks and access more funding?
- How do I do more with fewer resources?
- With technology evolving so quickly, where should I start?
- How do I align my strategic business objectives with FM deliverables? On the other hand, where does FM ‘fit’ within an organization’s business strategies or objectives?
- What type of maintenance strategy should I implement?
Mr. R. John Ringness, SFP, MRICS.
John Ringness is the President and CEO of NEXT Facility Management Services, Inc. (NEXT FMS), based in Vancouver, Canada providing international FM consulting and training services. His specialized business sectors include Integrated Townships, Corporate Offices, Academic Facilities, Healthcare Facilities, Retirement Facilities, and Non-Profit organizations.
Paul O. Erubami MSc, SFP, FMP, CFM, CBIFM
CEO of Max-Migold Ltd, a physical facilities advisory and training firm. Paul is an industrial and business process engineer, real estates and property manager with over 15 years’ experience working in strategy implementation, operations systems and processes deployment and change management for oil and gas, telecoms and corporate real estates sectors.